Hi everyone and welcome to my latest blog.
As you may already know from some of my previous blogs, I am a huge advocate of avoiding processed foods where ever possible. This includes cutting out breakfast cereals.
Porridge, eggs and smoothies are just three healthy alternatives. However, a common mistake people make with smoothies is thinking that if they fill them with just fruit, that’s giving them everything they need. You must make sure you include other things to give you a balance of nutrients, vitamins, protein, and energy, such as spinach, kale, nuts, seeds, oats, etc.
Click on the video for a smoothie that’s a little bit different from the usual ones. There’s no greens!
It would make a great breakfast but also a brilliant snack after a tough workout.
The ingredients are listed below too.
Enjoy it, and ditch those cereals!
- 250ml’s Almond milk
- 2-3 tbl spoons of oats (depending on how thick you like it)
- 2 Medjool dates (stones removed)
- 1 dessert spoon of chia seeds
- 1 dessert spoon of peanut butter (or any other quality nut butter)
- 1 pinch of cinnamon (vary depending of taste, but remember it’s quite a strong flavour)